LaunchBox Community Forums

Reimporting games issue

joshuadk88

joshuadk88 said I'd just like to report a bug. 1. Import the games 2. Delete the platform 3. Reimport the games 4. Launchbox won't detect the games anymore. Well, to be more specific, it sees the games, but it won't add them.
This isn't a bug. LaunchBox wont reimport duplicates unless you tell it to. Not to mention when you import games. What you need to do is Bulk Edit all of the games. So for example, say you want to reassign a new PS2 emulator because you updated the emulator. Go to the PS2 section, Ctrl + A to select all of the games, then right click and edit on of the entries. A new box will appear and you can change certain values for all of the games at once. Select emulator and change it. Just because you delete the emulator after the games have been added, doesn't mean they're not duplicates anymore.

joshuadk88 said I'm not talking about duplicates. The games just aren't there at all. No system. Nothing.
On the left, there is a sorting drop down menu. You can't get any of the games to show up? You said you removed the platform so I assume you went in to Tools -> Manage Platforms and deleted one of the entries? Did you try adding it back? Are you in Big Box Mode or regular view mode? If you are in regular view mode, this shouldn't matter. Change the left side filtering to get back to the games. Try reimporting the games and this time check force duplicates. You could open your LaunchBox XML located where LB is installed, open it with a text editor like Notepad++ and search for the problem games and remove their entries. Another possible fix if you haven't added that many games yet is to create a backup of your LaunchBox XML. rename it LaunchBox.xml.bak and when you launch LB again, it will repopulate it with no games.

I had a similar issue with platforms not too long ago, where I deleted a platform but it remained in the XLM. Unfortunately, you will probably have to edit the XML manually to remove the games. Or... have you tried creating the platform again and seeing if the games reappear? Then do a bulk edit and change the platform to whatever you wanted.

That is odd, some of this doesn't make any sense to me. Deleting a platform should never remove or hide any games. So let's start there. If we're truly seeing games removed or hidden after deleting a platform, then there's a serious glitch I need to attend to. Has that been proved? What I'm guessing is going on instead, is that the games are still there, but they are hard to find. When you delete a platform, the games are not supposed to be deleted. The games are still there, but they no longer have a platform assigned to them. So, looking at the sidebar, those games are only going to show up in the "All" platform view, or in the "None" platform view. Could that be what is happening here? Per the imports, yes, LaunchBox is not going to re-import the game if it finds it already there, even if the existing game does not have a platform assigned. So I'm guessing that this is what is going on. Can anyone confirm this?