LaunchBox Community Forums

GBA and NDS Roms

sammyboy1414

After reading this I tried to add my Gameboy Emulator to LaunchBox and it wanted to use RetroArch I then changed it to Visual Boy Advance which it allowed me to do however when it launches it says it doesn't support the file type -L I can then go into the emulator and load the same files. I have never ran into this default emulator setting is that new. I am not to sure that I like that feature. I believe that the issue is with the associated platforms which still shows all of the options for Retroarch and lists the default command line parameters even after unchecking all the boxes I still get the -L error. I imagine that the same thing would happen if I was to try to use DeSumMe for NDS (which would be my preference). Anyway that we can get around this.

DOS76 said After reading this I tried to add my Gameboy Emulator to LaunchBox and it wanted to use RetroArch I then changed it to Visual Boy Advance which it allowed me to do however when it launches it says it doesn't support the file type -L I can then go into the emulator and load the same files. I have never ran into this default emulator setting is that new. I am not to sure that I like that feature. I believe that the issue is with the associated platforms which still shows all of the options for Retroarch and lists the default command line parameters even after unchecking all the boxes I still get the -L error. I imagine that the same thing would happen if I was to try to use DeSumMe for NDS (which would be my preference). Anyway that we can get around this.
He posted this twice to which PS4 and I have already responded. I've actually already asked Jason to close this thread.

Ok I still don't know how to get it to work though. I have VBA as my emulator but it seems to still be using the Retroarch command line parameters. I don't know what the problem is but I feel like you are giving me an attitude about me posting this which is totally unwarranted. I think I have figured out what to do I have to add the emulator first and then import the games. I tried it the other way first and that is why I had the Retroarch parameters still set. I changed the name set the path to VBA but it still thought I am using Retroarch.

DOS76 said Ok I still don't know how to get it to work though. I have VBA as my emulator but it seems to still be using the Retroarch command line parameters. I don't know what the problem is but I feel like you are giving me an attitude about me posting this which is totally unwarranted. I think I have figured out what to do I have to add the emulator first and then import the games. I tried it the other way first and that is why I had the Retroarch parameters still set. I changed the name set the path to VBA but it still thought I am using Retroarch.
No attitude, just we already went through this in the OP's exact duplicate thread and this thread was supposed to be closed for this reason. That's all. Click on a game, then Ctrl + A to select all of the roms in that system. Assuming you have just a system selected. Right Click -> Edit. This will bring up the bulk edit feature. Select from the drop down menu Emulator. Then select the proper emulator in the next window. This should change all of the roms emulator of choice. To make double sure, go to your emulator window. Edit VBA. Then under where it lists the consoles select all of the check boxes for the default. Setting the default emulator is key when freshly importing the roms. Editing what emulator they use after they've been imported requires use of the edit or bulk edit feature.

DOS76 said I originally only imported 1 ROM I just deleted it and then added VBA and set it to default for all 3 versions of Gameboy then I imported the ROM folders for all three platforms individually and now everything is all good.
Yea, but editing the emulator for a game should work. If I am testing an emulator with LB I'll edit one entry. I've done this a dozen times, so if its not switching properly this might be an issue.