LaunchBox Community Forums

can't upgrade to beta?

satchmo321

Greetings, I'm having an issue upgrading launchbox premium to the beta version using the updater. It downloads within the client, starts installing, but I get this error. Restarting doesn't help either. upgrade issue Very pleased with launchbox so far :) Thanks, SATCHMO

I had this issue also I think I deleted the exe and then it installed. Edit: I actually just updated to the Beta and had this issue again. 1st I ran Launchbox and when the prompt came up to install the new version I opened file explorer and changed the name of the .exe then I clicked to update. The new .exe installed then I deleted the renamed file easy peasy.

DOS76 said I had this issue also I think I deleted the exe and then it installed. Edit: I actually just updated to the Beta and had this issue again. 1st I ran Launchbox and when the prompt came up to install the new version I opened file explorer and changed the name of the .exe then I clicked to update. The new .exe installed then I deleted the renamed file easy peasy.
I just did it (changed launchbox.exe to launchbox1111.exe) and continued the installation... I think everything is working now. Thanks :)

Also, make sure that LaunchBox closes from the background. Sometimes the error can change, but I would say most errors are from LB not fully shutting down or incorrect downloading on the programs side. Just open Task Manager to make sure LB closes when you update. I force close it every time. It goes faster. Task Manager can be opened with Ctrl + Shift + Esc.

Jason I've had this occur on a few different systems on numerous occasions. I have tried updating a few times in a row before with no luck then the one day I tried my method and it worked so I just go with my work around if problems arise.

Ran into an error while the images were being cleaned... but I submitted the error report in a ticket. After ending the process, I restarted and it told me the client was updated to the beta version. I cleaned the images through the client. Everything looks okay now, much appreciated guys. I'm not a big fan of steam big picture... but this is actually pretty nice