LaunchBox Community Forums

Upside Down Images

jadamshapiro

I've had an offline repository of images for front and back covers that are more consistent than those scraped from thegamesdb, so I've been slowly replacing them by overwriting the images in the LaunchBox Images folder and it's worked great. The problem I'm having is with SNES and N64 back covers. I had the full spread, front and back covers together, so I had to crop the fronts, then repeat for the backs. The fronts look fine when replaced, but the backs appear upside down in LaunchBox, regardless of how they are oriented in Windows. Has anyone else encountered this? BTW, Jason, if you read this, you are the man! This software is the best!!!

Thanks @jadamshapiro, welcome. :) Are the back covers upside down because they're upside down in the original image, because of the spread? If you open up a back cover outside of LaunchBox, is it upside down? I know @Maddoc1007 (Martin) uses Irfanview to do batch image updates, pretty sure it could batch rotate the images for you. Hopefully he can chime in and help you out. :)

@Jason @jadamshapiro Yes there is a rotate in the advanced settings of Irfanview that will allow through the advanced setting under Batch Conversion/Rename to allow for this just make sure that you set an output folder on say desktop then batch convert the images ie: back in whatever platform you are having problems with. then when you batch convert all those images cut from folder on desktop and paste them into the folder that you converted it will overwrite the images in that folder with the new converted ones and they will have the same name. see below image:- Batch-rotate.jpg

jadamshapiro said Nice. I'll give that a shot! Thank you!!! Smile
@jadamshapiro Your welcome i use Irfanview to do all my batch converting as it is extremly fast, free and allows converting of 100's images in just a few minutes 200+ images in less than 5 minutes ps:- as with downloading any software i always use a little program called Unchecky also free, it stops any unwanted toolbars etc from being installed with any software programs etc has a small footprint and always runs in the background.