LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch doesn't load

wraslor

So I am trying to use retroarch for NES, I have it setup pointing at the retroarch exe and below is set to default emu using the nestopia dll. When I click play nothing happens. I can switch the emu to Jnes and it works fine. I can manually open retroarch and load games there fine. I'm stummped any ideas what I can look at?Untitled.jpg

What version of RA are you using? If an older version, download the new 1.2.2 and copy over your System folder for BIOS. All cores are downloaded from inside of the application now, actually, everything you want for RA is now downloaded from within. It's a lot easier to manage. See if that fixes it. The only other thing I can see that would be the problem is your application path settings. I don't have a terribly long path, but generally ./ is used for shorthand with paths, not .../. Even then, I am not sure LB uses them, so try putting in the full path. See if that makes a change if updating to 1.2.2 doesn't work.

When you grab a new build or stable version make sure to create a backup copy of these files: retroarch.default.cfg retroarch-core-options.cfg retroarch.cfg Those are the files where your preferences are stored, so if something goes wrong you can always take one step back then driving backwards in circles.

nmc said When you grab a new build or stable version make sure to create a backup copy of these files: retroarch.default.cfg retroarch-core-options.cfg retroarch.cfg Those are the files where your preferences are stored, so if something goes wrong you can always take one step back then driving backwards in circles.
Except for the most recent 1.2. I am not sure that all of the previous settings carry over. Some might reset because some of the options did change. Minor options, but still.