LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox is completely messed!

sagaopc

I had to move my front boxes, screenshots and fanart to other pastes, because the launchbox don't recognizes them. My clear logo was in Steam Directory and the others like fanarts, fronts, backs are in PC (I don't Know why) When I've changed to 3D box, continue in the front box, when change to screenchots, appear clear logos... When I've closed the Demul with Alt+F4, it closes Launchbox too. if I use the bat file, It crashes the Launchbox. Using autohotkey command to close emulator (provided by users) it closes Launchbox and the emulator continues opened!!!! It's almost unusable! plz fix it!

sagaopc, are you on the latest beta? Please keep in mind that the betas are just that, beta releases. Things will happen from time to time and they should not be relied on without backups. I'll need more details in order to get things fixed. What AutoHotkey script are you using for Demul? Can you elaborate on what is happening with the images? We do move some folders around in the latest betas but no one else has reported issues where the wrong images are being moved.

Jason Carr said sagaopc, are you on the latest beta? Please keep in mind that the betas are just that, beta releases. Things will happen from time to time and they should not be relied on without backups. I'll need more details in order to get things fixed. What AutoHotkey script are you using for Demul? Can you elaborate on what is happening with the images? We do move some folders around in the latest betas but no one else has reported issues where the wrong images are being moved.
I'm scared with this problems,, sorry. 1- Messed Image directory: http://i.imgur.com/SPIP8RL.png 2- change images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cns4T1oQtIs 3- Demul Autohotkey bug: I don't Know what happened, but, when I updated now, it's works properly.

SentaiBrad said The best thing to do is backup your old media, and just download all new media. Unfortunately there is a limit to how LaunchBox can handle the new image folders.
WHAT? Are u kiddin' right? Then rollback or give a chance to choice what version we want. because there's no way to redo all work. I'm working in it since the release of the launchbox! If a modifier will broke all the work of the community, it had to be excluded. There's no way to implement it now that way! please, take care with this modification, it need more polishment. Working in a way to migrate the folders, because it's a very hard work did in my launchbox! OBS: now I can't choose get logo in background on Launchbox and fanart on Big box... if I get in launchbox, it go to big box too. It need be separated!

sagaopc Do you have a backup of your LaunchBox folder from before you upgraded to the beta? Unfortunately in order to figure out what happened here we'll need to see the way it was before vs. the way it is now. I have a feeling you had some kind of strange configuration going on that messed with things. You're the first to report any issues with the migration, so we need to figure out what was different about your collection.

Jason Carr said sagaopc Do you have a backup of your LaunchBox folder from before you upgraded to the beta? Unfortunately in order to figure out what happened here we'll need to see the way it was before vs. the way it is now. I have a feeling you had some kind of strange configuration going on that messed with things. You're the first to report any issues with the migration, so we need to figure out what was different about your collection.
My launchbox folder was 65GB. I'll upload the launchbox backup with fall 2015 and 2016 http://www.4shared.com/rar/PlcvHCfIba/LaunchBox.html

come on! first of all you should stay calm. i know its a lot of work, but always backup your stuff. its even recommended before doing beta updates.. I had some issues too, but did the following: Try to go to Tools --> Clean up Imgaes after it Toola --> Download Metadata and Images (dont replace existing files) this helped me!

This is a beta release, and I specifically warned that users should back up their collections before upgrading to this series of betas. I'm sorry, we just don't need @sagaopc's negative attitude around here. I'm guessing that he just needed to go to Manage Platforms and check on the folders for the various platforms; I suspect that was the problem. The ban hammer has spoken.

I'm sorry about my hissy fit, but try understand, it's was very frustrating. I don't want be rude or something else. The problem was, the images are migrated to correctly folders, but the directory don't. I'm having to change all fanart, screenshots, front and back directory manually, and it's giving me a hard job. other problem it's about brazilian portuguese language. It was having a bug with some options, like default backgrounds in images options, and automation in input options. I'm using the beta since the release, I think. I like so much of modifications and I'm aways disseminating about launchbox in all foruns I've visited I have a topic in other foruns about launchbox, helping other users. That's it. sorry for the problem caused!