LaunchBox Community Forums

How to save different settings for each game with Launchbox? (Pcsx2)

smokeyb

Yes you can use per game config for every game you like its so simple Right click on any game you like to use per game config > Edit > Emulator >Check Use Custom command-Line Parematers then type --fullscreen --cfgpath="GameConfigs\YOUR GAME NAME" press ok now run the game , you will see there will be error because you didnt setup the new config its ok close it , go to your emulator folder then enter inis folder and copy all the ".ini" files then back to your emulator folder and enter GameConfigs folder > your game folder and past all inis files here now go to Launchbox and start the game , setup the game as how you like after you done just close it , all changes will be just for this game. just remember to copy inis for new games config so you dont need to remap your controller every time etc

Figured this out, created seperate folders for each game inside roms folder, opened up pcsx2 then setup my controls and everything else inside pcsx2 then launched a game. played game a bit to make sure it was working well then exited out of game, esc to close game then Alt+F4 to exit emulator. Then i went to ini folder and copied the ini's inside it, then i pasted said ini's inside the game folder for the game i had played (you must do this for each game in order to have seperate configs for that game). Then i went into LaunchBox clicked on add game showed it where my iso was then picked emulator checked add custom command line parametres, then typed --fullscreen --cfgpath="the name of the roms folder\the name of the game folder" which would look like this: --fullscreen --cfgpath="roms\indiana jones" Hope this makes it a bit easier for people to set up. Just remember ESCAPE key only closes games then use ALT+F4 to exit emulator.
  • Like 1

Maddoc1007 said @orac31 did you check through task manager if it closes down epsx2 process running in background with no console unchecked in misc menu as this can cause lag in BigBox or LaunchBox if the process doesnt fully close down
yep your right just checked task manager they are still running will try joy to key with that as well

@orac31 i have show console unchecked as well but esc just closes the game not the emulator, which is handy for finetuning settings. Then just as easy to press esc then alt+f4 am using the latest git from pcsx2 forum and find it plays games well just that it doesnt close down the emulator with escape but no biggie using the esc button and then alt+f4 which closes down the background processes. And with the above way of setting up the games folders as i described earlier and the ini's and custom command i no longer need ahk's or scripts to launch games.

Ha figured out why pcsx2 wasnt fully closeing down i forgot the --nogui silly me. To get PCSX2 games running now without ahk's or scripts follow this: Create seperate folders for each game inside roms folder, opened up pcsx2 then setup my controls and everything else inside pcsx2 then launched a game. played game a bit to make sure it was working well then exited out of game, esc to exit emulator. Then i went to ini folder and copied the ini's inside it, then i pasted said ini's inside the game folder for the game i had played (you must do this for each game in order to have seperate configs for that game). Then i went into LaunchBox clicked on add game showed it where my iso was then picked emulator checked add custom command line parametres, then typed --nogui --fullscreen --cfgpath="the name of the roms folder\the name of the game folder" which would look like this: --nogui --fullscreen --cfgpath="roms\indiana jones" Hope this works well for allSmile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You can also have a look at a small app I created for this called LaunchBoxPCSX2 @ https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/launchboxpcsx2-an-in-between-launcher-for-launchbox-and-pcsx2 You can chose per game to let it use a Generic Config (for games that don't need special settings) or a Game-Specific Config. It also features Saving and Loading of savestates and exiting pcsx2 by joystick. The current version only works with the pcsx2 setup where the configuration files are not in the Documents folder (the so-called "portable" setup) but I am hoping to release an updated version soon with which either setup is possible.
  • Like 1