LaunchBox Community Forums

Metal SLug Collection

jchasa

Wow! What a fantastic collection :) I absolutely love the Neo Geo arcade games. Amazing pixel art, great gameplay - lots of funn all around. I never played 6 or 7 since they go for pre-rendered backgrounds, they just don't look right to me. Are all those other games worth checking out? The mobile and flash games. I didn't even know they existed. That soundtrack is fantastic. I grabbed in in FLAC a few months ago. One of my favorites.

I remember playing some of the Metal Slug games on my friends NeoGeo, then after that playing a couple of different arcade games. The art style of the games is awesome; which is mainly from the talents of Irem. The have produced various other games such as In the Hunt and R-Type. I also have most of the games they where involved in or games that have been inspired by their unique style. The mobile games are definitely worth playing, I just happened across some pictures searching on Google. The Flash games are OK some better than others. The OST was hard for me too find I had to piece it together from a couple different places . There is an Metal Slug Wikia and according to that I still have a couple mobile games I can't find that I would like. Just one other thought there was also an online game inspired by Metal Slug called Metal Assault or GigaSlave depending where you live that looked awesome but is no longer online. Thought I would share so we all can be upset together instead of me by myself. Smile