LaunchBox Community Forums

Flash, HTML, Unity Web, Java, etc..... how would/will we categorize these for the database

jchasa

I have quite a few Flash Games, as well as the others listed above in the title. So they are on a PC, but are they PC, web browser, or their own platforms. I might be the only one possibly. But they are not in the DB yet, thoughts. Browser Based as an overall category as already been suggested.Smile

Yep, I think it should be called "Browser Based" or "Browser" or what have you. I think if we broke it down farther than that it might be getting to specific? Like Java is already PC, look at Minecraft. We don't say "oh that's Java", we say "oh that's Windows". So Flash and HTML5 I think would be just fine as Browser, but what does everyone else think?

• 1 year later...

Hi i think and would like to see flash games have there own system because there are so many of them and technically they don't need a browser to be played if you have adobe flash player on your pc swf files can be open by just a double click.

and jave games can essentially be games for older mobile phones and not a web browser i use KEmulator for old jave mobile games and i have them on a separate category in launchbox with all the covers and screenshots

I'm sure we can give those two their proper categories i mean for crying out loud LB has console categories for the Fujitsu FM-7, XaviXPORT, SAM Coupé, Taito Type X, Mattel HyperScan, Radio-86RK Mikrosha, Exidy Sorcerer, Exelvision EXL 100, Elektronika BK (which don't even have a single game yet), GameWave too what ever the heck that is lol

that's just me i have them as separate categories and would be nice if it was made official on the website