LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Mega Drive (genesis) scraper

Talantyyr

I've added my Mega Drive (Genesis) games today and i've noticed that most of my games aren't in the games db. Or at least not for mega drive but for genesis. Can the scraper somehow also scrape the genesis platform for my mega drive roms? Edit: Ok, nevermind. I've copied the images for megadrive, reimported the roms again for genesis and copied over the mega drive images...

Actually, this is confusing. It seems TGDB now has it as Sega Mega Drive? What's weird though is I get results when searching for both Sega Mega Drive and Sega Genesis platforms from TGDB. However, they seem to be different results, and less games are available for Sega Mega Drive, maybe. So, facepalm. Not sure how best to handle this.

A lot of Japanese and European only games won't get any metadata using Genesis but if you use Mega Drive there will be results. In one of my Launchbox setups I have both combined and did a ton of work to get the data on another I have them as two different instances and that was less work. I would suggest setting them up separately even if you want to have them as the same thing later on just to avoid having to find your own data.