LaunchBox Community Forums

Proper Multi-Monitor Support

Apothic

Bought premium yesterday, and pretty much spent all my waking hours since then getting everything set up the way I like it. One thing I did not find however is an option to set the monitor you want Big Box mode to load in. I don't know if I missed this somewhere, but if it's not a feature yet I would love to see it added.

I have a multiple monitor setup myself (50'' Samsung and 24''Asus in portrait) but for some reason it always opens on the Samsung so I don't have any issue however if it was opening on my other monitor I could see this posing an issue so a means to control it would seem wise.

I played around a little with this and I noticed that LaunchBox opens on the last monitor that it was closed on. BigBox though seems to open on my TV regardless of which screen I have LaunchBox on. Possibly because I can't find a way to move it to the second monitor and it opens on the TV because that is always the last screen it was closed on.

Yeah, this is on my to-do list. However, I have noticed that if I open Big Box from a shortcut on monitor #1, it will open on monitor #1. If I open Big Box from a shortcut on monitor #2, it will open on monitor #2, at least for me on Windows 10. You can test this by opening up Windows Explorer (the file explorer) to your LaunchBox folder. Drag the window to one monitor and double-click on BigBox.exe. Then drag it to the other monitor and do the same thing. I realize this is still an issue though and I will get it fixed.

Interesting. Did try the shortcut trick and it worked for me. Also running Windows 10. However the emulators will run from primary screen regardless. MSDN does have some articles pertaining to multi-monitor displays however that still wouldn't help the emulators. The only way around it I can think of is to temporarily change the primary display when opening Big Box. I have used an app called MultiMonitorTool in the past it has a GUI but can also be run from the command line.

Do any of the emulators have .ini files that would allow you to change the display preference or have you tried opening the emulators outside of LaunchBox in a window and then moving them to the screen you prefer and closing them on that screen then try relaunching them from LaunchBox and see if it made any changes

Damn talking about my setup and now it seems that my 24'' Asus has died the monitor says that it is on (blue light opposed to orange) but I only have a black screen if I power it off and back on the Asus logo appears then my screen flashes up and then winks right back to black. I've unplugged it tried multiple HDMI cables and multiple computers all with the same reaction so monitor is definitely the culprit I have to go scrounge around for a vga plug in the morning and see if maybe it still works with other outputs. If it is kaput then my 6 monitor desktop will just have to become a 5 screen setupWP_20131215_001-SERVER.jpg