LaunchBox Community Forums

How to restore an XML file

crimsonnight

Just a heads up, Project64 causes a BSOD on Windows 10 when not run in compatibility mode. As such my LaunchBox.xml file has become corrupt and I am no longer able to start LaunchBox. It asks me to restore a previous XML, so I have deleted the current one in the root folder, and then renamed the latest XML file in the 'Backups' folder to 'LaunchBox.xml' and placed it in the root folder, but I'm still getting the same error. I have tried a few different backups but haven't had any luck, where am I going wrong? Cheers. *EDIT* Typical, just after starting this topic, I tried a different backup file (about the 6th one I tried) and it's now working again, apologies. I'll leave this thread here though as I couldn't find any guides on how to restore a database when Googling.

• 1 year later...