LaunchBox Community Forums

Fresh install

acombs1793

I really love Launchbox and glad I found it (purchased premium) but im having some issues. When I try to import roms it cycles through like its adding them but then tells me that 0 files have been imported am i doing something wrong? Also I wanted to do a fresh install and tried but when I started launchbox back up, all my files and images were still there. How can I completely eliminate any associations that LaunchBox is trying to put in itself?

Hi @acombs1793, welcome, and thanks for the purchase. As @DOS76 states above, you can basically just delete the LaunchBox.xml file (and any images in the images folder) if you want to start over fresh. Typically, if you're getting 0 games imported, it's because the games you're trying to import already exist, but you're not seeing them for some reason. Sometimes this happens when you delete a platform which orphans the games (makes them not belong to any platforms, but they still should show up in all games).

Jason and Dos Thank you for your responses. If I keep getting this error of zero games imported would you recommend a fresh install. I have no problem with this now that I'm a little more familiar with the setup. Just to be clear, where is the lunchbox xml file located and if I divide to do a fresh instal would deleting every lunchbox file be the right thing to do. Not brown nosing but thanks for this product. Ive tried everything from raspberry pi to android and I never got the interface that made me feel at ease about all my roms. It looks great on my 65 inch tv and is sure to be a crowd pleaser during parties. So glad I found it!