LaunchBox Community Forums

A Delete game and files Button/option

dudechester

I've spent so much time with duplicates for whatever reason I found a duplicate game in there somehwere, having to open the duplicate for edit, finding out what the name of that game file is which caused the duplicate, navigating to the folder and deleting it. All this could be done with a simple option of, "Delete Game & Related files" "Are you certain you want to delete the game files as well, they will be permanently gone, yes forever?" YES / NO ---- This one simple function would cure sooooooo much pain!!!!!!! Many thanks! :) Launchbox is the greatest!Laugh

So this has been talked about a lot and is already a ticket in BitBucket. https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/101/add-option-to-delete-game-file-s-when Create tickets or search for them so you can vote up these features. Best chance it has. Also, I edited your title so that you're not "begging" and so it isn't in all caps.

I've said that I'm totally against this idea before and will again but if implemented I hope that it will opt in as if I want to permanently delete things I will just use File Explorer I don't want my frontends to be able to change my directories in anyway.

Exactly, it would be so efficient to just have the option to do this from within the "Games manager / Launchbox" because essentially that is the whole point of having a front end... organizing your library / collection. It would really add a great deal of time saving, and usefulness, and be very easy to implement. :) DOS76 you wouldn't have to use it, just like there are features that maybe others don't use which some people like. The more useful features a product has the better, obviously the better and more appealing it becomes. I'm using explorer now as you say you do, because it's the only option, and when you have to first look closely at the file path to see that it's a capital letter, a space, an underscore or a dot which is the only difference (hence a duplicate file) it's very inconvenient to have to seach individually every single time for that specific file, double check you're deleting the duplicate one you don't want to keep... It's hell!! This would solve all that with a simple click of a button followed by a safe confirmation. Perfect.