LaunchBox Community Forums

TurboGrafx CD AutoBoot Bios

Lordmonkus

No, I am not linking to any bios files or asking for them. I am simply showing a simple little patch I found over at romhacking.net that people can use on their already found and working syscard3.pce file so that when you boot a TG CD game you no longer have to press the "Run" button. The game just bypasses that screen and auto loads the game. Here is the link to the patch file over on romhacking.net Make a backup of your working file just in case something goes wrong. Extract the ips patch file, run it and point to your syscard3.pce file and you are done. And if you already knew about this file, a curse upon thee for not letting me know about this before Laugh

@slashguns04 If after watching the tutorials you are still having problems send me a PM and I will be happy to help out any way that I can. But I can tell you this right away the toughest thing is making sure you have a working proper syscard3.pce file in your system / bios folder for whatever emulator you are using. I use Retroarch for my TG / PC Engine. I have used the standalone Mednafen in the past and it does get the job done but it's so messy.

lordmonkus said @slashguns04 If after watching the tutorials you are still having problems send me a PM and I will be happy to help out any way that I can. But I can tell you this right away the toughest thing is making sure you have a working proper syscard3.pce file in your system / bios folder for whatever emulator you are using. I use Retroarch for my TG / PC Engine. I have used the standalone Mednafen in the past and it does get the job done but it's so messy.
Yea a working BIOS file and non-corrupt disc images are key. Apparently all my TurboGrafx CD images are corrupted in some fashion, this is why I had some issues during the tutorial. Sorry to step in the middle of him asking you for help, I just figured not everyone knows about the tutorials and they're there to make our lives easier hopefully. :P