LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to use RocketLauncher since last update

dorr35

Today I opened Launchbox and downloaded the new version. Now every time I click on a game to play I get this error: File.__New - fullFilePath parameter cannot be blank to instantiate this class. I hope that someone can assist me with this. Gaming is much more enjoyable with your wonderful FrontEnd! Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for such a quick response. Using Ver. 6.7-beta-2 I am receiving the same error. I am able to launch games directly from RocketLauncher But when I try to launch from LaunchBox the games will not run. I have included the RocketLauncher.log

Just a heads up, you no longer have to set up each system command line individually via associated platforms. You can set the default command line parameter and it will let launchbox automatically find the ini it needs. I just updated the rocketlauncher wiki with this info: First, set up RocketLauncher as an emulator in Launchbox. Name it something like "RocketLauncher" and point it to RocketLauncher.exe. *Do not point it to RocketLauncherUI.exe. Next, you have to set the default command line parameter in Launchbox. Set it to: %Platform% -p LaunchBox -f "(Type Full Path to LaunchBox.exe here)" -s "%platform%" -r Example: %Platform% -p LaunchBox -f "L:\LaunchBox\Launchbox.exe" -s "%platform%" -r Make sure that you've set up your default emulator for each system in RocketLauncher. This should have created a file called Emulators.ini in the directory RocketLauncher/Settings/[System Name]. The above command will tell Launchbox to look in this location for every system, so you DO NOT have to set up individual command lines for each system under Associated Platforms in Launchbox anymore. Hope it helps!

Thank you @fromlostdays. Keep in mind that I've actually simplified this even further now. If you remove your Rocket Launcher emulator in LaunchBox, and then add a new one to replace it, you'll see that Rocket Launcher is now in the list with the latest beta. Selecting it will automatically populate all the right settings (saving you from having to manually add the path to LaunchBox, etc.). :)