LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform Organization

NormalNomad

I imported several PC games awhile back and they populated a 'PC' group on the left hand side of LaunchBox. This PC group includes games from GOG, CDs, and other downloads. I purchased some new games from GOG yesterday, and when I imported them it created a new platform group 'Windows'. Is it possible to merge these two groups?

Yeah no problem choose the one you want to keep (I would go with Windows or you will have to do this again in the future if you add more PC games) So go to the Platform you picked to rename and hit ctrl+a to highlight all of the games then hit Ctrl+e or right click and hit edit this will open the bulk edit wizard it will ask you for a value that you want to change if you type P platform will come up if you don't have a keyboard then choose it from the dropdown then another box will appear and ask for your new value you will want to pick Windows from that dropdown then it should be done.

There is an image folder in your LaunchBox folder. Inside is a folder with the platform name that you just removed. Rename that old platform folder to the new folder, and select yes for everything. Refresh your images in LB from Tools -> Refresh Images and you're good to go. Do the same for video, music and manuals if you have them.