LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I import my Mame romset but have it only show one version of each game?

jimmyc12322

Hi I recently purchased a licence for Launchbox because it is a really great frontend but having mega trouble with it. A few things does it normally take a very long time to import a 50gb mame collection? because when I import with no covers etc it imports instantly. Also with the mame roms in bigbox how do i set the program so it only shows one version of each game and hide things like bios and barcrest mpu bellfruit roms etc. thanks

If you go into tools and then options you can join the beta in the latest beta there is an option during the import to not load any clones this helps out a bunch. If it is taking long on import that is because your computer is downloading all the metadata from over the internet so it takes some time when you don't get any images it goes much faster because you are downloading a lot less data.