LaunchBox Community Forums

Removing Platform images

ochief

I do not want to use any images for platforms in Big Box mode but cannot find a way to do this. If I have a platform called 'Arcade' or 'Steam' it automatically picks up an image, downloads/creates it and uses it. If I delete the images via Windows Explorer it recreates the images and folder structure. I am using the beta version if that helps. Does that make sense?

Hi @ochief, absolutely, it does make sense. The images are automatically created/restored currently. You can replace them, but isn't a way to remove them completely. What's your reasoning for wanting them gone? I suppose one way to do it would be to create or download an empty image, and assign that for all of the platforms, though I understand that's a bit wonky. But still curious why. :)

I only have a handful of applications/games in each one of the following 'platforms'.
  • Applications
  • Arcade
  • PC
  • Tools
  • Power
I do not need meta data or images for any of the games/tools I am using. Whilst someone has kindly created art for 'Arcade' and 'PC' they haven't for 'Power' and 'Tools' etc. I do not have the inclination to create my own images and actually like the clean look of using Big Box mode but turning everything except titles off. If I was trying to recreate Hyperspin with thousands of games I could see why having this would be useful, but I just want a simple controller friendly launcher without any additional fluff, which LaunchBox does admirably. I realise I am very likely in the minority so I will just create a grey image for the platform images :) thanks.

ochief said I only have a handful of applications/games in each one of the following 'platforms'.
  • Applications
  • Arcade
  • PC
  • Tools
  • Power
I do not need meta data or images for any of the games/tools I am using. Whilst someone has kindly created art for 'Arcade' and 'PC' they haven't for 'Power' and 'Tools' etc. I do not have the inclination to create my own images and actually like the clean look of using Big Box mode but turning everything except titles off. If I was trying to recreate Hyperspin with thousands of games I could see why having this would be useful, but I just want a simple controller friendly launcher without any additional fluff, which LaunchBox does admirably. I realise I am very likely in the minority so I will just create a grey image for the platform images :) thanks.
I can create some background images for you if you give me reference photos as to what you like. If that's what you want, that is. (:

ochief said I only have a handful of applications/games in each one of the following 'platforms'.
  • Applications
  • Arcade
  • PC
  • Tools
  • Power
The things you want don't exist because no one has asked for them before. Honestly, we never thought anyone would.

• 4 weeks later...
Just a thought but what if you used a completely 100% transparent png? That would either show black or you would see the layer under which would be Big Box's default theme. I'm new to this software and haven't really started dabbling with custom options as yet so not sure if png is supported or not. The other way would to just take a solid colour and produce a plain image. Hope this helps. If you need any help creating a transparent image then I can sort that out for you if you send me the current png's that you want to replace.

Hi @ochief. Attached are 5 transparent images named after your 5 BigBox Platforms. These are 32 bit depth png images and are sized as per bd000's 600x513 format. You can download these. Then open your LaunchBox folder and navigate to Images, Platforms, Applications, Banner and put the Applications.png in here. Remove any existing file. Repeat for your other 4 pngs and platforms.