LaunchBox Community Forums

Search in MAMEUIFX

Drybonz

If MAMEUIFX is still being discontinued I personally wouldn't get too attached. It might work for now but after a few updates of regular MAME... I hate seeing software like this fall by the wayside. Here's to hoping the creator doesn't go through with it. I'm also hoping I remembered this correctly... it might not be MAMEUIFX, but that is how I remember that story.

The thing about Mame is this though. When is the last time Mame had a real significant update that actually mattered to the vast majority of people ? The last version of Mame I really need is 151 and that is only because of the fact that is the last full romset I downloaded is for. Now Mame is up to 171 but there is very little if anything of any real significance to warrant upgrading to that version. That's not to say there won't be any real changes coming, especially now that it's gone open source we could see some massive changes. Long story short is unless Mame all of a sudden starts to support a large portion of games it didn't previously there really is no reason to upgrade the proper working Mame for the romset version you currently have working. If the version you have runs the games you want without issue just leave it alone until there is a major reason to upgrade. I'm all for newer versions of stuff but when the newer versions are for extremely small obscure things it's just not worth messing with upgrading it. Also having said all that I do always get the newest version and check it out and stuff but I keep a nice solid 151 mame and romset installed that is my base install.