LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box screen saver / "Attract Mode"

Viperstrike

New guy here. First let me say awesome job on Launch Box. I've tried every front end out there and I really like this one. Just bought the premium. I'm about to build my 3rd cabinet and was looking for something new. I've been using Maximus Arcade but development has died for that. I love Big Box mode, but there is one MA feature I would love to see. MA has a screensaver mode that would launch a game after inactivity and then switch to another after specified time. You can even pick a filter for it to choose from. Here is a screenshot of it. http://i.imgur.com/hRWLX2c.jpg Great job, looking forward to having LaunchBox on my new build.

MA= Maximus Arcade AM= Attract Mode any ways..both do it,, AM automatically and MA with the settings as seen.. I think this is a great Idea...this is one of the main features that i like about AM. I alost sided with it... but came back to BB about two weeks ago. because it is just so great.. and now W/ Emumovies.....Wow. Screen saver demos,,,, would be Icing on the cake.... I Just loved when i would walk out at like 2 in the morning to get a glass of milk ... and see my arcade cabnet doing some crazy demos.. it just made me want to go play it! i feel this would be key...for BigBox! as an option.. Thanks Jason....you Rock.....

Thank you guys! I do really like that idea. I haven't researched either feature; I assume it basically just shows random game videos as a screen saver? That's not difficult at all so sounds like a great feature to implement. If one of you wouldn't mind, would you create a ticket for it (click the Report Issue / Feedback link in the header)? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I would definitely love to see this feature in Big Box. I have just built an arcade cabinet and have got Big Box on it and an attract mode would be awesome as I love to have my cab on the Arcade platform and every 35 seconds or so it would scroll down the list for a set time and randomly stop on a game and start playing the video.