LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox - PDF viewing while playing

wickedchew

Greetings, I am on my way to build a PC gaming cabinet. (i am using my old computer intended for Launchbox only.) i was thinking to go for Hyperspin,then i bump to this. for two hours of reading and watching your vids tutorials. (noob here). Now i am a Big fan of yours,. can i have some few suggestion. ( not sure if this is already a feature). 1. is it possible to for Launchbox to launch PDF files while playing. 2. is it possible to automatically boot the PC to launchbox. thank you

I don't know about launching PDFs while playing the game, but you can definitely launch BigBox or LaunchBox (either one) at start-up. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/run-program-automatically-windows-starts?tduid=(152e2ded01251f89cfcd10313ffed14a)(256380)(2459594)(XdSn0e3h3.k-ZGZs6.TYq08jxGT9_alwyQ)()#1TC=windows-7

Yeah Nathan is correct you can definitely have either load on start you just put shortcuts in your startup folder for Windows 10 open up a run box and type shell:startup and place the shortcut in there. I'm not sure if older version use the same command or not and don't have any old installs to test it on.

I wouldn't be surprised if we could use the command line parameters to launch a bat which opens the PDF's... but If you have guides and PDF's in the correct LB folder named properly, right clicking the games entry will have a context menu item to open that PDF. There has been talk of expanding it to more than one because a lot of games have more than one and opening it up more to more than PDF's, so a user can assign all the extra materials to a game. If you go to the BitBucket page at the top "Report Issue / Feedback" and search up PDF's it will tell you if there is an enhancement post for this, if not you are more than welcome to create one if you also want to see it expanded past 1. Users can vote on it too and the more votes the better chance it has of making it in faster.