LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and EmuMovies

cloudsquall88

I use my E: drive for my emulation needs. My setup is kinda like this: I have a launchbox folder, I have a ROMS folder (where I have a folder for every platform), and folders for every emulator i use. I have just downloaded the EmuMovies DSU (download service utility). I used it to (for example) download everything EmuMovies has about my GameBoy collection. EmuMovies stores those files in an ASSETS folder (again this folder is in the E: drive). The thing is, I want to use only the ROMS folder to store roms and the ASSETS folder to store artwork/videos/manuals/etc. So that even if I switch from Launchbox at some point or I use another emulator etc, these two folders will be "centralized" and unchangable. Questions: 1) Is there a way for Launchbox to use the folder structure EmuMovies creates in the ASSETS folder? Or at least some way for me to point to those folders for each specific kind of artwork? (For example tell Launchbox that this folder is the one I want you to use for GameBoy front covers) 2) How many of EmuMovies' artwork types does Launchbox use? Which ones should I better be using for each of Launchbox's purposes? (I'm not thinking of abandoning Launchbox anytime soon, so I'd like to play the game by the program's rules more or less) 3) Is it better to download artwork (from EmuMovies always) from directly inside Launchbox, or from the DSU? 4) Is there a way to tell Launchbox to download the artwork in folders that I specify, instead of the default ones? (and also read them from there, which is actually question 1) Thanks for your time. Launchbox is great!

1) If you go into tools and then to manage platforms you can choose your platform and hit edit then a form will open with a few tabs at the top if you go into the one named folders you can change all of your folder paths. 2) When you follow the instructions for number 1 you will see which folders LaunchBox is using and match them to your assets folder LaunchBox is using less of these than EmuMovies there is no LaunchBox folders for carts or CD's they all get lumped together in the screenshot folder 3) You will get better matching if you use EmuMovies through LaunchBox if not you may find you need to edit some of the file names to get it to match if your games. 4) Yeah like you said this is basically answered in the first answer.