LaunchBox Community Forums

LB/Kodi/Plex combo breaker

spacegoathlz

Since LB will work w/Kodi, and Kodi will work w/Plex, is it possible to stream games through a combo of these to my TV in another room? Or is there an easier way to do this? Right now I am just emulating on my PC on the 32" screen, but I have a 52" that I would LOVE to play on w/o having to run ethernet or move my computer. Will adding a wireless connection like the workload of the PC pretending to be a PS2 break playability?

The only way to really stream you games is with the Steam Link as far as I know if not you need a PC connected to the TV or if your PC supports Miracast you can stream it if you have a TV that supports it or if you have a Miracast device. You may possibly be able to use a ChromeCast also but I'm not sure.

Yea a device to mirror your PC or a Steam Link to stream your PC's image is required, assuming you don't have a second PC or don't want to purchase / make a second PC. All of that software has to do with Movies, TV Shows and Music and function in no way with games really, with the exception of a failed Kodi Add-on.

• 2 weeks later...
So my brain jumps around to a lot of different subjects and back again, today it's this idea's turn. What about with a remote app like Teamviewer? Right now I use it to control my pc from my tablet, I wonder if I could stream my tablet to the TV while using it to remote the computer and control it all with a game controller....hmmmmmm