LaunchBox Community Forums

Window games with disc

cash84

I have a game that requires to have the disc in when launching the .exe file. Have you guys ever run into a game like this? I have a ISO file to mount and works fine. Wondering if there's a way to make a batch file to auto mount ISO file to run game. Thank you!

You definitely can use a .bat to launch you can probably just set up an additional app for that game in Launchbox and have daemon tools launch the game very easily To use the additional app go into edit and then the additional app tab. In the first text box you will put what you want to name your additonal app in the second text box you will put your path to the disk mounting software (I don't know how to do it with the built in disc mounting but a 3rd party like Daemon Tools should work) In the third line you have to type -mount dt, 0, "Path to the ISO in quotes" Then check the before check box.

I've looked into it and just worried about viruses on those downloads. The game I am trying to work with is 'The Elders Scroll: Morrowind'. I'll look a little deeper to make sure I don't get a bad one. Thank you for your fast reply.

You should be fine, but if it is just for this game, my honest suggestion would be to either to buy a Steam or GOG version. That way no discs are needed. GOG and Steam games can also be added to LaunchBox. Granted, this isn't viable for every game and I don't think you want to buy the game a second time, but you shouldn't have to worry too much about no-cd exe's.

cash84 said I've looked into it and just worried about viruses on those downloads. The game I am trying to work with is 'The Elders Scroll: Morrowind'. I'll look a little deeper to make sure I don't get a bad one. Thank you for your fast reply.
Thank you, this would had been my option if I wasn't able to find the no disc fix.
SentaiBrad said You should be fine, but if it is just for this game, my honest suggestion would be to either to buy a Steam or GOG version. That way no discs are needed. GOG and Steam games can also be added to LaunchBox. Granted, this isn't viable for every game and I don't think you want to buy the game a second time, but you shouldn't have to worry too much about no-cd exe's.
Okay, I did find a safe one. Ran into issues trying to make it work but got it. Thanks again! :)