LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega CD games wont boot

snoopaloop83

Hello, I cant seem to get Sega CD Files to load. I have followed all the steps on the youtube tutorial on the launchbox channel. I have the updated genesis plus gx in my retroarch cores I have retroarch configured to look at the "system" directory with my BIOS files I have the proper BIOs files named bios_CD_E bios_CD_U etc... in that folder and it matches what is in my CORE INFORMATION in retroarch. All my files have proper .bin and .cue sheets Not sure what else I can do beyond that am i missing something? Let me know if you require any further information.

Not trying to get views for my video or anything but give the video tutorial I made linked in my forum signature a try and see if that helps out any. Also check if the games load just through Retroarch or not, make sure you are loading the cue sheet and not the bin file.

Hmm, the only things I can think of is it is either the "system" path is wrong or your game images are screwy somehow. I will keep thinking on it though and maybe something will come to mind. Every time I have run into an issue it is either the bios file, bios location, disk image is borked, loading the wrong file or the cue sheet has a problem.

Double check your Associated Platform name and make sure it matches the name of your platform on the left hand side of LaunchBox. If you imported Sega CD as "Sega CD" (default name) then make sure the associated platform has the name like this as well. If you did use an alternate name for Sega CD, change the name in the associated platform. Also, make sure the proper core name is in use for the Default Command Line parameters.