LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Roms

jonasrachid

LaunchBox has built in methods to filter out hack, bootlegs and clones all you have to do is check the appropriate checkboxes on the MAME form of the import wizard. Also if you have CHD files in with your ROMs don't import the folder instead go into File Explorer just hit sort by type and highlight all the .zips (or whatever compression your files are using) and drag them over into LaunchBox and that will open the import wizard go through the wizard and if you don't see the MAME specific form then abort because something is wrong with your platform association and it doesn't realize you are tying to use MAME. It works great I have the full ROM set and it only returns about 3K games out of the many thousand of games in the folder

Keep in mind that some hacks/clones are worth it. Like the 4 player Konami games converted for 2 player setups. I know it was a huge pain in the ass but I manually built all my sets from a merged set from [redacted], pulled out all the games and I wanted and all the clones I wanted with Don's Hypertools which is far more easy to use and sort then most other rom managers but that is just my opinion and not fact.

I used clrmamepro (or what ever the name is) by @CriticalCid's suggestion and it worked great. [redacted] also gave me a ton of errors, so I stopped bothering with them. Otherwise, when importing you can tell LaunchBox to still import Clone games if you want, but the average user may not necessarily care so we include options. All of your roms are still there where ever you left them unless you tell LaunchBox to move them, so nothing happens to them permanently.