LaunchBox Community Forums

N64 Boxes

hubz

I've been moderating quite a few N64 uploads the past hour and they're great except they weren't uploaded as replacements. I am going ahead and approving them so they don't have to be reuploaded one by one again and they're good quality and the same sizes for back and front. And we'll just have to go back and delete the others... Not sure if this is correct and I should be denying them but I'd hate to not get to keep these. - Hubz

No it's alright, as long as you deleted then uploaded the right images It's done now. Using the regular add function is fine, but if you use the Edit then Replace functions it compares the images for us Moderators so that it is easier to see at a glance if the image you're uploading is better, not to mention if you just use the delete image function we just think someones trying to delete the images. There is a page that shows pending changes and if you get anything that is rejected or you replace any images from here on out you'll be good. Again, don't worry about it. It's also a lot easier that you're willing to read and understand it. We get people all the time who ignore everything else around them, make their changes or requests of us then just leave. They don't bother to do any checking nor do they care to follow up. So at the very least you're way ahead of the average user. I also want to point out there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, we can't expect every user to be as invested as some of us, but it certainly makes our jobs a bit easier when we get nice people like yourself.

I have been moderating a lot of these uploaded N64 covers today, and I really am not sure what the difference is between many of the uploaded covers and the existing ones. They seem to be almost exactly the same resolution, around 2100 x 1500, and the existing ones are good quality scans. The only difference that I can see is that many of the uploaded images are a little bit darker and have had some softening applied to hide some noise compared to the original image. I have rejected quite a few because I feel that the original image is actually a better version. I hope that people uploading images are actually checking before they upload to ensure that what they are adding will actually significantly improve the quality of data!