LaunchBox Community Forums

Future Pinball and autostart the table

marcoooo

hello i am trying to add future pinball and so far so good they are showing up nice with picture and movie but when i want to start a table i the emulator is opening and the table is loading after that i need to push F5 not a really big thing but it would be nice this goes automatic :) when i add /open /play it will give a error . now i have seen somewere that this can to be done with a *.bat file but i have no idea what to put in that bat file if somebody can point me in the right dirrection it would be nice

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you don't want to add Rocket Launcher I found a very easy way to do this. This forced me to go back to my old DOS days and make a batch file :)

This is easy without doing one at a time by using a batch file to launch the games instead of the exe! once it's done you don't need to ever edit one at a time or use RL when adding new FP tables.

Make a Txt file named FPlaunch.txt or whatever you want it named.

Add the batch code below substituting your own path THE QUOTES ARE IMPORTANT so please make sure they are just like you see here.

Save then change the extension for TXT to BAT  (in my case I changed FPlaunch.txt to FPlaunch.bat)

Point the Launchbox Emulator Application Path to the BAT file (in my case FPlaunch.bat) NOT to Future Pinball.exe with NO command line parameters needed.

Joy!!

Batch Code is as follows... add everything below this line and again substituting your own path THE QUOTES ARE IMPORTANT note the "" " (two quotes space one quote) after the start command THIS IS VITAL

echo off

Set FP=%1%

cd "C:\Emulators\Future Pinball\tables"

Start "" "C:\Emulators\Future Pinball\Future Pinball.exe" /open %FP% /play /exit

EXIT

Edited by alavigne
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 4:21 AM, alavigne said:

If you don't want to add Rocket Launcher I found a very easy way to do this. This forced me to go back to my old DOS days and make a batch file :)

I just wanted to see if anyone else had a problem with the emulator/games crashing whilst launching with this method. I would say 50% of the games crash when I open them but I am amusing it is the emulator. I will to download it separately as I obtained it in a pack so there might be something wrong with it. Thank you very much for posting this, it certainly works and will save me the headache of RL.

I had to same problems with tables crashing but it is not the launch method for me it was the video setting in the emulator.  Turning off "Use Texture Compression", setting filtering to Bilinear 24 and unchecking Processor Affinity helped me. STTNG and Iron Man were giving me fits loading crashes or loading with no table art till I changed these settings.  I've attached my settings image just incase there was other settings that I changed and forgot. These work best for me.

Capture2.PNG

Edited by alavigne

7 hours ago, alavigne said:

I had to same problems with tables crashing but it is not the launch method for me it was the video setting in the emulator.  Turning off "Use Texture Compression", setting filtering to Bilinear 24 and unchecking Processor Affinity helped me. STTNG and Iron Man were giving me fits loading crashes or loading with no table art till I changed these settings.  I've attached my settings image just in case there was other settings that I changed and forgot. These work best for me.

Thanks very much, my settings were already near yours but with a few different. I changed to yours and three out of six tables crashed upon testing. I will continue to fiddle with it and am happy it does generally work, thanks again.

• 4 years later...

dont know if this is still an issue but i just add this script to the running script section of the emulator. it will start the table when future pinball loads.

Sleep 5000
; Wait for Future Pinball to start.  (You can adjust the sleep time if Future Pinball is loading faster)
send {f5}
;Start The Table that is loaded

; This section closes App when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edited by teamgt19