LaunchBox Community Forums

Save Games in Mupen64 (RetroArch)

angelobodetti

Anyone know how to save games in Mupen64 for RetroArch? I was using Project64 with USB Nintendo64 controllers, but it got annoying that almost every time I plugged them in I needed to reconfigure them - So now I am just using Mupen64 with the XBOX 360 controllers which seems to map well. Thank you.

angelobodetti said Anyone know how to save games in Mupen64 for RetroArch? I was using Project64 with USB Nintendo64 controllers, but it got annoying that almost every time I plugged them in I needed to reconfigure them - So now I am just using Mupen64 with the XBOX 360 controllers which seems to map well. Thank you.
I go over how to create custom configs for cores in some of the tutorials and how to load them in LaunchBox, it's an extra command, and you can keep your USB N64 controller settings just for the N64 core. I know how bad it is playing N64 on anything other than an N64 controller. I love my PS4 controller, but it doesn't quite work there. PS3, PS4, 360 and Xbox One controllers automatically map based on the drivers too. As for saving, F2 is Save State and F4 is Load State. Under the Input menu in the RA settings is an item call 'Input Hotkey Binds', you can change that there if you want. Just probably shouldn't get rid of F1.

I might have to enable the controller from time to time because that selection changes, but when I change to it the controls are the same. I would try creating a new config and in the new config edit the controller settings then make sure you save them. The WonderSwan and WonderSwan Color tutorials (week before last) I cover them specifically if you need help creating them.