LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating ROM / MAME Folder Question

angelobodetti

Currently I have MAME setup in Launchbox and when I added the roms they were in a folder called [ALL ROMS] I just downloaded a new pack and am updating to .0173 and want to put them in a folder called MAME .0173. How do I direct LaunchBox to my new mame roms folder (the emulator isn't moving, just the roms)? Since each rom has its own path is there even a way to update all of them at once? Your help is appreciated. Thank you

Yeah you will need to use NotePad++ and use the find and replace method. 1. Download and install Notepad++ 2. Close LB and then open the LaunchBox.xml file in your LB folder with NP++ 3. click the search option from the menu bar and then choose find from the dropdown.
Spoiler
menu.jpg
4. type your current path into the text box on the find form that opened after typing it click count to make sure that it finds your path and take note of the amount of entries that it finds for when you use replace.
Spoiler
Find.PNG
5. Click the replace tab on the form and fill in the new path that you want to use and then click replace all it should tell you how many items it changed that number should match the number that was displayed earlier when you used then count button
Spoiler
Rejplace.PNG
Finally go back to the menu bar and click file and choose save from the drop down. Close NP++ and reopen LB and you should be good to go.

Or delete your MAME roms, and import your new roms and uncheck all the metadata boxes. As long as the System name stays the same all the existing video, music and images will still be there for the games. If you have new games with nothing, Ctrl + A to highlight all of the games and use the Tools -> Download Images and Metadata option but choose the option to not replace anything. This will update the items with nothing. The way Derek said works great as well, Notepad++ is fantastic and that method is much more for power users who want to garner better control.