LaunchBox Community Forums

Successfully merge two disc psx game

Izzy

I did do that, and don't worry I won't hard. I actually found a written tutorial and I had already done what it had said, and it's for multi disc games. Apparently if you combine two completely separate games and use the disc swapping functionality it will work on a real PSP. Either way, maybe the game I chose was a bad choice, trying a different game.

There's your mistake you found a tutorial :P I just loaded up and banged at it and it worked first try, I was shocked it actually worked. Maybe it is the game you used, I only tested it with the 2 Lunar games since that is the only multi disk games I have at the moment.

I'd rather just not go that route, not to mention the PBP is saving disc space as well. So I have to convert my games, but the software also has an iso extraction in-case I do convert a game and it turns out not to work like my first multi disc test. As far as I read (which who knows what is true), supposedly with this software it's supposed to know when to switch discs? Who knows.

• 1 month later...
Retroarch can handle simple m3u Playlist to swap your Discs: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX#Usage It works fine when LB is pointed to the m3u. It don´t work when LB first extract an zipped container of multiple bins, cues and one m3u file. It seems like Launchbox always points to the first cd´s cue file. Is there a way to handle this? Edit: It all works fine, my mistake

• 1 year later...

Can anyone help me?  I have very little knowledge of computer programming...  With that said, I'm trying to use the method in the original post to merge the 3 discs of Lunar 2...  It is not working.  When I extract the files for each disc, all I get is two .txt files that are empty.  That doesn't seem right as I would assume there are a lot of files that should have been extracted, and probably none of them should be empty.  Any idea on what happened?  Or does anyone (perhaps the original poster) want to hook me up with the merged copy of Lunar 2 somehow?

Thanks,

Tanner

They do work with the stand alone version of ePSXe but I don't know about any phone ports of it because I don't own a phone to test it out.

Glad it worked out for you, I think what might have been the problem is that PSX2PBP requires some extra files that don't come with it and I packaged mine all up in a single .zip file so it contains those files.

• 2 years later...

Apologies for Necroposting, I did not want to create another thread. I am sure some of you have seen the Crash Bandicoot Collection floating around "teh interwebz" over the years. Does anybody know how to achieve this? I am basically looking for a way to combine a few images that are all unrelated. ie: Mortal Kombat Trilogy, MK3, Street Fighter Alpha 3 etc. into a single iso for use in an emu. I ultimately want to have a few multi-game isos for fighting, platformers and rpg to name a few. I am looking to use this on the psx emu on the wii called Wiisxrx. I am trying to make the system as child proofed as possible.