LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox TCP behaviour

AutumnSounds

BigBox_TCP.PNG Still trying to get a bigger picture with regards to BixBox and the false positives created by various AntiVirus (hopefully one of them will get back to Jason with advice soon, assuming contact has been attempted), and have come across more activity that my firewall didn't like this time. There doesn't seem to be any "check for updates" or anything else related to requiring the internet/http/TCP/etc in BigBox so wondering what information it's trying to send and/or receive? Ultimately, what would I be missing out on by having an offline arcade cab running BigBox?

I know every time you start either program it checks for updates and that when you request meta and images it would be sending requests out but besides that I don't know what else it would be doing at this point soon it should start doing more stuff online with the auto updates from the LBGDB.