LaunchBox Community Forums

Requests for Genre Additions

Steve-O

Since it doesn't look like we currently have the ability to add/modify genres (please correct me if I'm wrong), I thought this post might serve as a generic place to request changes to those. I'll start us off by requesting that an "Educational" genre be added. The educational games I've run across have been filed under "Puzzle", but this doesn't really accurately describe the abysmal games made to try to sell early consoles to parents as "learning machines".
  • Like 1

Cebion said Second this. You may add this to the bitbucket page.
Ah, is that a more appropriate place to put these kind of requests? If so, we can delete this topic. Or we can keep it around to discuss genre things before making requests in bitbucket.

Best bet would be to create a BitBucket ticket when you do so make sure that you vote for your ticket. Then you should copy the URL and come back here and post the URL so if anyone likes your idea when they read it in the forum they have easy access to be able to upvote it and maybe it will gain some traction.

The BitBuket pages are great for us to track requests and bugs, but not necessarily to discuss them. There was a huge issue if you look at current Genre's in LaunchBox that the names of the same genre fluctuate wildly, so taking away the ability for users to input their own Genre is probably best. Granted, yes we should probably expand the list, but we probably wont allow users to edit it them selves.