LaunchBox Community Forums

ROM Import Question...

fdsj82juifaa

I just started taking a look at LaunchBox tonight, and I had a quick question that hopefully someone can help me out with real fast. I imported one of my directories which has 1100 files in it. After the import there were a bunch of errors saying it couldn't download images. I assume that's because I'm on a free emu account. Regardless... when I look in LaunchBox it says "displaying 1089" for that ROM section which means 11 ROMs are missing. How can I see which ROMs Launchbox wasn't able to import???

SentaiBrad said What system? Are they the same file extension? Are they different then the others?
OK, you win. Good questions.... I took a look in the directory and there are exactly 11 srm files... doh.... Second question... I have Batman (U) [!].nes Batman Returns (U) [!].nes And both of them scraped as "batman" how can I force a rescrape of "batman returns" and choose the correct metadata?

Just right click and Edit the wrong game, press the X for the images (to delete them from being associated with the entry) and then click the X in the top right edit box to disassociate it with that game in the Database. Not the X for the Edit box, when a game has been found on Wikipedia or the LBGDB there will be a blue link in the top right and an X next to it. You may also want to delete the Metadata for the game as well, the new entry may not replace every piece of metadata already downloaded. A new button pops up asking to scan for that game, then choose the right game from the drop down menu. If you want to re-scan an entire system (that wont fix this problem though), Click a system on the left, click a game, then Ctrl + A to highlight everything. Then use the Tools -> Download Metadata and Images option. You were also right, those 404's are from EmuMovies and it's because you have a free account.

Right click the game you want to rescrape, click the red X in the far right to disassociate that db entry with that game, the re-enter the game name and click search for meta data. A drop down box should appear with all the matching choices, just pick the one you want for it.

SentaiBrad said Just right click and Edit the wrong game, press the X for the images (to delete them from being associated with the entry) and then click the X in the top right edit box to disassociate it with that game in the Database. Not the X for the Edit box, when a game has been found on Wikipedia or the LBGDB there will be a blue link in the top right and an X next to it. You may also want to delete the Metadata for the game as well, the new entry may not replace every piece of metadata already downloaded. A new button pops up asking to scan for that game, then choose the right game from the drop down menu. If you want to re-scan an entire system (that wont fix this problem though), Click a system on the left then Ctrl + A to highlight everything. Then use the Tools -> Download Metadata and Images option. You were also right, those 404's are from EmuMovies and it's because you have a free account.
OK, I was able to delete the images, and I removed the ID association, however, I cannot figure out how to remove the rest of the data. For example, it's still playing music from the wrong game. Not sure how to fix that? Also, say I add a game to that directory later, what's the process to have it scan that directory for new roms added? I'm not seeing a refresh, or scan again option anywhere... Thank you for your help by the way.

If you add new games to the folder just re-run the import process or just add the game manually if it's a single game. Drag and Drop or the Add button in the bottom right. The import process won't add duplicates unless you force it to. There is a music folder in your LaunchBox folder, along with an Images, Manual and Video folder. Go in to the music folder, then the system, and find the song. Should be named after the game. If there is 1 song, then it's associated to both. Delete it and re-download the song for the right game. If there is two, delete one and test the games, you may need to restart LB though. If the new game has a song you could also try downloading it's song, it should replace the old one. If you wanna remove the metadata from the game just delete it from the edit box then run the scan. Also no problem, I like helping. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

SentaiBrad said If you add new games to the folder just re-run the import process or just add the game manually if it's a single game. Drag and Drop or the Add button in the bottom right. The import process won't add duplicates unless you force it to. There is a music folder in your LaunchBox folder, along with an Images, Manual and Video folder. Go in to the music folder, then the system, and find the song. Should be named after the game. If there is 1 song, then it's associated to both. Delete it and re-download the song for the right game. If there is two, delete one and test the games, you may need to restart LB though. If the new game has a song you could also try downloading it's song, it should replace the old one. If you wanna remove the metadata from the game just delete it from the edit box then run the scan. Also no problem, I like helping. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
Does the music come from emu? If so, that might be why it's not grabbing it since I've clearly hit my quota for today...

Ah yea the limit, yes they do. If you wanna stop seeing those 404's for the day you can log out for the time being, there's not much we can do in the way of fixing it, it's their API. Also, if you need more help take a look at the tutorials on our YouTube channel. They're at the link in my signature below all of my posts.

I have that issue always with games that have a part 1 and part 2 both being named part 2 happens all the time you just have to check out your boxes and look for dupes and then if you have the games details pane open you can see which file you have and can change the right one.

DOS76 said I have that issue always with games that have a part 1 and part 2 both being named part 2 happens all the time you just have to check out your boxes and look for dupes and then if you have the games details pane open you can see which file you have and can change the right one.
ok, right on, I'll probably just donate to them so I can grab all the art, vids, etc. - then I'll buy this app so I can have big picture mode. Once I get it all setup I'll work on adding it to Kodi. I've been enjoying this so far. A lot easier than hyperspin. I was getting frustrated with EmulationStation due to the fact it's no longer developed and because the application doesn't ever end. I would have like 20 instances of that process running on my media center. It was really annoying. Glad to finally find LaunchBox last night. And thanks for the link, I will check out the videos. I'm excited to see where this application goes. Hopefully more themes, etc. are on the horizon!