LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch bsnes issue in Launchbox and Core config questions

Abobo

Hello, been using and configuring LB for awhile now (loving it!) I've recently gave Retroarch another chance and have mostly figured out how to set up - I'm trying to load my configured bsnes_accuracy_libretro core (with shaders, controllers), but am having issues launching my game. When i set my SNES emulator to Retroarch (new 1.3.4) and then add the command -c configs\bsnes_accuracy_libretro.cfg to the emulator command line, nothing happens when i launch the SNES game. Can someone tell me exactly what command I need and where to put it in LB? Is it in the game launch cmd, or the emulator custom cmd? I'm confused as to what CFG i need to load for this... I've seen 2 ways here on this forum - one is "-c configs.." and one is "-l configs.." I'm confused as to what cfg I put where. I'll be using other cores for other systems, but thought I'd start here. Thanks!

So I would say if you need help to watch our Tutorial series, a new video every friday (except this friday I got a vacation that I am only half using ;) ), but next week will be a new basic SNES tutorial. That said you need both commands.\ -L is for loading a core and -c is to load a config file. So my full SNES line looks like this: Name Command Line Super Nintendo Entertainment System -L "cores\bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll" -c "config\RetroArch-1220-194545.cfg" And remember that the name in Associated platform needs to match your SNES System name in LB. If you have more questions let me know.

Awesome, thanks guys. So I'll just copy and paste that line (with the name of my core) into the CMD. I left the name of my SNES as the default, so it should just be Super Nintendo Entertainment System I'd imagine..Do i put that line in for the "main" emulator settings for my SNES emulator then? (So it's global) I just remember seeing several areas to place custom CMD lines and don't want to screw it up. (sorry, i'm a noob with frontends and RA) I'll be sure to look for that line to change as well, thanks. I would simply put the straightforward replacement as "bsnes_accuracy_libretro.dll", right? No additional switches needed here? I have watched several video tutorials, yes. Which is saying something considering I usually avoid watching videos if possible. They were very helpful and straightforward, but don't remember the basic RA/LB tut having in-depth stuff like switches and configs (i could be wrong). Thanks again, looking forward to getting my setup finished!