LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade - Mame not loading

Rincewind

Just finished adding all my systems and now i'm checking they all work, seems the Mame arcade is the first to fall. mame-error.png Not sure why this is happening as they still load on my other frontend, should I install a version of Mame just for LaunchBox.

It looks like that your MAME version doesn’t exactly match the version of your romset. For this game I know it for sure because I know that Bubble Bobble has gotten a new dump a few months (MAME versions) ago. But it’s odd that it still works on another FrontEnd. Does the game start within MAME itself or do you get this error only when you try to start it with LaunchBox?

Its every game I try not just Bubble Bobble. The other frontend is Hyperspin and that uses RocketLauncher to launch the games, but every game works that I try on there.. I have noticed that if I try and run the rom in Mame direct I also get the error.

Probably is your MAME wrong configured. If you can get MAME directly running you shouldn’t have any problems with LaunchBox either. Also make sure that the version of MAME matches the version of your ROMs for error minimization. As far as I know uses RocketLauncher its own configuration for each emulator and not necessarily the configuration from the emulators themselves. So it explains why it works with HyperSpin but not in MAME directly.

Solved!! I had the wrong link setup for the ROMs in the directories, it was still looking for an old set I used in the past.. The reason it still worked in HyperSpin was the link to the ROMs is set by RocketLauncher. you never know someone might be as stupid as me one day and read this only to find they did the exact same thing :)