LaunchBox Community Forums

Gzipped ISOS interfere with proper scraping

jadekitten

My PS2 ISO's are gziipped which means they are named like name.iso.gz, This causes Launchbox to interpret the name as name.iso which causes scraping to fail. Is there anything I can do? All I would need is an option for Launchbox to ignore anything after and including a .(period)

There are a few options for you. Use naming software like Metamophases to batch remove ".iso" and then run the scraper, de-archive them all (which we actually suggest for Disc based games, especially PS2), or un-archive them and use something like MaxCSO to CSO them which will save you space but make it so you don't have to un-archive them each time you want to play them. At least those are the options with the logic that LaunchBox currently has. The quickest path would probably be to rename them. If the iso is kept inside an archive like a .rar, .7z or a .zip, then renaming it shouldn't mess up the unarchiving process in LaunchBox. Otherwise using the CSO or regular ISO's might be the best long term.

i see, yeah the whole reason i went with gzip is for space conservation. I'm not sure what would be best for that as PS2 gamees are so big, i wish we had something like pbp, that way we could combine multidiscs too. thanks for the advice. i'm unsure which i'll take

CSO is similar to PBP, except for adding in multiple discs. PBP was special because that was something developed by Sony for the PSP. If you ever used CSO for PSP it's the same concept. Per disc switching, except for getting rid of duplicates it is super easy to save state and load it up on the new disc as well.