LaunchBox Community Forums

Suddenly a ton of problems :(

DJQuad

Ever since I've upgraded to 6.3 I've had nothing but problems. Some I'm sure are coincidence. Does anyone else have multiple systems with over 33,000 games? Downloading everything but videos is taking forever (with over 3000 errors so far), LaunchBox silently crashes at times, and my CPU usage is periodically at 100% when running only LaunchBox. I'm not sure where to start diagnosing this. See the attached which has been running for over 6 hours.forever.png

Hi @DJQuad, what are the errors that you're getting for the import process? I've heard about the CPU issue before a long time ago but I've never been able to reproduce it. I assume it's only happening occasionally? Per the performance of the importer, I just checked my bandwidth graphs and things seem to be doing fine. Is it EmuMovies or the LaunchBox Games Database that's being slow?

Attached are a few of the errors, and please let me know if I should create BitBucket issues for each of these so you can more easily handle them. I haven't kept a close eye on the "conditions" when the CPU spikes, but it is indeed occasionally. When it does happen though, it lasts a long time, not to mention the silent crashes that don't generate an error report.

Oh ok, I cancelled it and will try again tomorrow. After cancelling it LaunchBox crashed. Maybe after a few errors (I had over 5300), maybe LaunchBox should just stop trying? When EmuMovies IS up, perhaps opening multiple threads would be faster. I know you mentioned it's possible in the past, but it's how HyperSync does it and for example, downloading ALL SNES media takes less than 20 minutes.

Multiple downloads is being worked on, Circo is actually helping us with that too. Per those errors, are you also an EmuMovies Premium user? I assume so if you are using the Sync program, but those errors usually mean a users hit their bandwidth cap for EM or they're down. If the downloads for the videos were being super slow and you were getting a ton of errors, they were more than likely under heavy load. I know they were having issues this past weekend.