LaunchBox Community Forums

GameEX Evolution Alpha 0.1 front-end released!

imdavid555

http://www.gameex.com/gameex-evolution-alpha-0-1/ Thomas Speirs and team over at Game Ex has finally released an alpha of Game Ex Evolution! I remember this being announced years ago and being really excited because it is supposed to support HyperSpin theme (not videos) and easily customizable themes and interfaces. Looking forward to playing around with it tonight. (You might want to lower the volume on your speakers for the first video. The music is super loud and annoying. At least for me.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elTKKERzHQY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LDSRRQies

@imdavid555 Nice video. I still think LaunchBox is the best front end out there without a doubt. However there are some features that this frontend has that LaunchBox sorely needs: -3D cabinets/boxes/cds/carts (that looks so sweet!) -An interface to read manuals within the program w/ zoom and scroll function (I don't like having to open Adobe Reader) -View Controls (able to add png images of different controllers and what buttons are mapped) -Last Run Output (this would be an awesome way to track game compatibilities) -Search bar (for Big Box, with digital keyboard) -View Commands (when playing Mortal Kombat in this example, if you could pull up the program to look at all of the moves while in game that would be ideal) -High Scores (being able to view high scores from within BigBox) -Anything else I missed in the video

We have 3D Artwork and with the Image Priorities of the latest beta you can easily tell LaunchBox to use them instead. The rest of that stuff has been requested here and there but there have been a lot of things requested and we have to go by what people want the most generally.

SentaiBrad said We have 3D Artwork and with the Image Priorities of the latest beta you can easily tell LaunchBox to use them instead. The rest of that stuff has been requested here and there but there have been a lot of things requested and we have to go by what people want the most generally.
These are actual fully rendered 3D models of arcade cabinets/boxes/Characters which is different from LaunchBox. See at 50 second mark of first video and 31 second mark of the second video. Who knows if you can even do this now in the beta. Would be so sweet if LaunchBox had this as well!Kiss

@SentaiBrad I completely understand and agree that you should go with the most requested features first. If you open BitBucket now you'll notice that the most voted tickets are for platform videos, nested filters, an attract mode etc. These are all great features. On the contrary, there are many ideas that are great that get forgotten/unnoticed. For example, someone already requested the manual reading inside of Big Box, but it only has 1 vote on Big Box (my vote lol). What I'm getting at is that a lot of people would love this feature but most users don't use the Bitbucket system and this ticket will be buried and forgotten as a feature request if it only has 1 vote. All I'm saying is that I keep bringing up Bitbucket existing tickets because they don't have many votes, but are generally good ideas and this forum is the only way I can think of to keep informing users about potential new features. Just my opinion.

We tell people that the best way to get their feature implemented is the BitBucket ticket system. We have a lot of noise on a daily basis and we need a way to filter things out. The BitBucket system is our only easy method to do so. We know that there are tickets on there with good vote counts that need implementing and tickets that have low vote counts that need implementing too. It's all a balancing act trying to figure out what's best to get done first, what do we need to do internally, and how long is it going to take Jason to do something. We want all of the tickets to be implemented ideally, but the amount we get is a lot and it's sometimes hard to keep up.