LaunchBox Community Forums

"Unable to login to EmuMovies"

jmoff80

Hi all,

New Launchbox premium user here. I cannot seem to get access to EmuMovies for my media? I've double and triple checked my credentials and can successfully sign into the EmuMovies website (where I'm a lifetime member), but each time I test the connection (via Options), LaunchBox tells me, "Unable to login to EmuMovies". I also get the same error when trying to import rom sets and I get to the EmuMovies media import section...

Can anyone shed any light on what may be causing this? 

Thanks a lot guys - much appreciated

ras

12 minutes ago, ras2a said:

Hi all,

New Launchbox premium user here. I cannot seem to get access to EmuMovies for my media? I've double and triple checked my credentials and can successfully sign into the EmuMovies website (where I'm a lifetime member), but each time I test the connection (via Options), LaunchBox tells me, "Unable to login to EmuMovies". I also get the same error when trying to import rom sets and I get to the EmuMovies media import section...

Can anyone shed any light on what may be causing this? 

Thanks a lot guys - much appreciated

ras

Hi and welcome. :) 

Emumovies does occasionally have issues. This is a API issue and nothing Launchbox can do anything about. We are separate sites.  Also the emumovies site, and the api ect is very different. So apologies there.

For anyone else facing this issue... my problem was down to my password! I could log into the forums fine with my password, but not via LB EmuMovies sync or the EmuMovies synch tool. I can only assume that the sync processes has some sort of limitation on overly complex/long passwords?! My previous password was 25 chars long... I reset it to 15 chars or so and can synch fine now :)