LaunchBox Community Forums

"Unable to login to EmuMovies"

jmoff80

• 4 months later...

Are you blocking LaunchBox through your firewall by any chance? Do you have any Antivirus software running? I would try disabling that if you do. I just did a ping from within LB and got a response, stuff is downloading from them, so their API is up. This is one of those hard things to pin down, because it could be quite a few scenarios.

• Like 1

Hi SentaiBrad 

yes ive disabled my firewall (Karpersky) and it still does not let it login , i can only log in via a ftp program 

Hiya , update ,,,, its sorted now , reason is the id for launchbox askes for user id , which is diffrent to the user id for emumovies login , it does not have the @emumovies.com after it !!!!  yipeeeee 

thanks 

Edited by skyranger
new info

• 8 months later...

I'm having a curious issue I can't seem to fix.  I can't connect to Emumovies to update my meta data.  Under the tools/options/search/EmuMovies section in settings my login user name is correct but the password is not, it is a long string of random characters, and I am unable to change it.  I have even tried to manually edit the Settings.xml file located in the Launchbox/Data folder and save it, however as soon a I open launchbox it reverts back.  Any ideas what's causing this or how to fix it?

2 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Then if the API is up, then the login info might have been put in wrong or there is a connection issue. Go to Tools -> Options -> EmuMovies on the left. You can change the login information there. EM is working for me in LB too.

For some reason I can't change the login information in Tools->Options->EmuMovies.  That was the first thing I tried.  I can't edit or delete the info, if I paste the correct info in the box, it just reverts to the non-working password as soon as i click okay.

Where is your LaunchBox located? If it's on your C drive, do you have proper write permissions with Windows? Is the Settings XML read only? You could back up the Settings.xml, delete the original and launch LB again. It will remove a lot of your settings, but if it's not saving properly it will at the very least reset things and hopefully work from there forward. You are trying to make these changes to the XML's when LB is closed, right? If it's open, it wont work right.

It's located in C:\Games  I've tried making the entire folder read only, and I deleted the Settings.xml.  When I launched Launchbox and went to Tool>Options> Emumovies  I could not type in my info, I had to paste it in, I clicked okay and exited when I reopened I had the same problem.  I've never encountered an issue like this.

No, the file shouldn't be read only. I just tested, and changed my User ID to a fake name, clicked ok and it saved. Changed my User ID back and that also saved. My Password didn't change, but im sure it would if It was correct, but it was a fake ID test. So I would still be leaning towards a permissions error.