LaunchBox Community Forums

Gameboy and Gameboy Advance Roms/emulators not starting in LB

avalanche4000

Hi. I'm using Retroarch with LaunchBox as my frontend. I've ran a few emulators through it and it's worked great. I tried adding a Gameboy and GBA emulator (core) in retroarch and then setup a bunch of games in Launch Box to play them. However they won't start in Launch Box. I click a game and nothing happens. If I go into Retroarch and go through the directories and launch the game via Retroarch it works but it doesn't seem to work in LaunchBox. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Check all the paths and make sure they are correct. Check the associated platforms list and make sure the name of the system here matches the name on the left hand side of LaunchBox, so if you imported the systems not as the default name you'd either need to change the platform or the associated platforms list. The default command line parameters on that same window needs to be correct. Make sure you're just using the -L command and it's pointing towards the right path and core. Gambatte for GameBoy and GameBoy Color, and mGBA for GBA is generally recommended. Double check to make sure any core you want to use is downloaded through the Online Updater within RetroArch. As long as your paths are correct it should work.

SentaiBrad said Check all the paths and make sure they are correct. Check the associated platforms list and make sure the name of the system here matches the name on the left hand side of LaunchBox, so if you imported the systems not as the default name you'd either need to change the platform or the associated platforms list. The default command line parameters on that same window needs to be correct. Make sure you're just using the -L command and it's pointing towards the right path and core. Gambatte for GameBoy and GameBoy Color, and mGBA for GBA is generally recommended. Double check to make sure any core you want to use is downloaded through the Online Updater within RetroArch. As long as your paths are correct it should work.
Thanks for your help with that. Turns out the GBA associated core was different from the one I had installed in Retroarch (so I went and installed that one) Turns out Gameboy wasn't even listed in the emulators (But gameboy color was) so I went and manually added it. All sorted now Laugh

• 4 years later...
1 minute ago, Dod6 said:

Where can I find GBA ROMs and Emulators to install it on my PC, so I can play this games once again like the old days, is there any Launchbox emulator or some archive of the games? 

You will not get any help with downloading roms from these forums, try google.

• 2 years later...

All  Pokemon GBA ROMs and GBA Emulators Download with a full guide for installation and playing any system. It's a Massive GBA ROM collection.

Go to => gbagamer.com

Edited by gbagamer
Links removed. Do not post links to sites that contain roms/roms support files.