LaunchBox Community Forums

CRT Simulation

Opak

Hey guys, yesterday i stumbled through steam and found the awesome free game called "You have to Win the Game". It's a 8/16-Bit game and i would categorize it under metroidvania. It is really cool, you should give it a try. But what excited me the most, is the CRT Simulation. You can turn it on/off in the menu and it just looks great. 20160627000315_1.jpg20160627000257_1.jpg So i was wondering if there is any program out there to make your emulator games look like that? I mean, not just a simple scanline filter. Also the the curves and all that. If you have any information about that, let me know :)

Wow, thank you. I knew there is something like this out there :D Found this video on youtube and it looks great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvSrrdV5VeU Now i just need to figure out how to do that. RetroArch is uncharted territory for me Laugh

We've got plenty of tutorials on our YouTube channel that I've created. Click tutorials at the top of the forum pages or in the signature below all my posts. Select your console from there. Our most recent SNES tutorial is a more basic tutorial for beginners with LaunchBox and RetroArch specifically. After that, you can pick what ever console you're having trouble with if you need help with them. There's several of them I talk about shaders, and one I talk about Overlay's, but Overlay's are a bit jumbled and not easy to deal with.

Oh thank you, i was wondering why i can't load .cgp files. Do you know any way to downscale the gamesize in fullscreen mode? It always scales it so that there are only borders left and right. I hope you understand what i mean.

Opaklopper said Oh thank you, i was wondering why i can't load .cgp files. Do you know any way to downscale the gamesize in fullscreen mode? It always scales it so that there are only borders left and right. I hope you understand what i mean.
Turn on interger scaling in the video settings. This should always be on for CRT type shaders, non integer scaling messes with spacing and screws up how the shader looks.

Hey Brad, i already watched some of them. But to be honest, i hate video tutorials :D Always have to watch a 20-30 minutes video with alot of already known or repeating stuff. Don't get me wrong, you make great tutorials. But I prefer written tutorials, just couldn't find any good one for retroarch yet. My only problem now is that i can't change the size of the game. Already tried to turn on integer scaling and changed the video scale, but it just doesn't change anything... EDIT: I figured it out, i had to do it with the shaders instead of looking for a game resolution option Embarassed

This might be really off topic, but if someone is out there that knows RetroArch from A-Z, could they please do a video tutorial series? I've already asked on their forums, but they act a little snobby and tell you to just read the forums and the readme files -_-. If there was a RetroArch guru out there that taught this and someone who taught MAME/MESS the community would be a lot more united.

I do both actually. A lot of my tutorials have a lot of info for RetroArch and I recently did a MESS tutorial and I have a thread accompying it on the forums. I wouldn't call my self a master or guru (though some have called me that), but I teach a lot of things in my tutorials. Specific tutorials on the features of RetroArch and LaunchBox are going to eventually start replacing the full "system" tutorials as I am running out of the major ones and I don't need to do updates to those video's all that often. I am gonna create a thread asking for users to help me vote on feature specific tutorials. Things related to LB or RA, or even MESS, that they need explained a bit more that is not related to any specific system tutorial so that they don't have to sift through a 10-30 min tutorial.

I created that thread asking for help on what Feature Specific tutorial you guys would want to see first. I'm gonna make a YouTube video on it as well! https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/news-updates/feature-specific-tutorials-i-need-help-from-the-community#p20982