LaunchBox Community Forums

Need to set a delay for BigBox to launch after windows restart

Supreme

When I start up my computer everything works ok and BigBox launchs automatically BUT after a few seconds Windows loads some background shit and BigBox freezes, I'm pretty sure it's some other application starting in the background because if I press Alt+tab I can move again in BigBox. I checked all starting apps in windows and I need them all so what I'm looking for is for a way to stablish a delay for BigBox to launch so it's the last one to load. I'm not sure I'm making any sense because of my poor usage of the english language but please try to look beyond my writing and help me :D

I understood you. :P There should be a way to easily do this in Windows 7-10. If you created a start up item in Windows (where you can go to edit the start up programs), there should be an option to delay the start of it. I don't know if it will help you in this case, but I do remember that being there.

SentaiBrad said There's actually a native delay in Windows, but that might be for programs that show up in the start up section of windows and not something you add manually though.
Where's is that native delay placed? In the meantime I'm gonna try the bat-delay :D

Yea, I guess you can't anymore. I remember this being in Windows 7 when you edited the Start up items, I remember clearly there being a delay option. I do use Startup Manager myself in Advanced System Care Pro, which lets me not just programs but services too, and there is a delay option in here for sure. There is also other software out there that can do this, but I greatly prefer IOBit Advanced System Care.

I use delays via a command line in a .bat when launching my programs.... since steam like to sit on top sometimes :( even with the -silent or min comand in place... so i have that launch first and then nvidia shadowplay then have kodi on a delayed start to make sure it opens last and over the top of steam... i dont boot all the way into windows so my setup is slightly different. But yea the .bat file should work for you.

Oh nah i personally have it boot up because i have configured a button on my remote and on my controllers so i can record the last 2 min of game-play to capture those AWESOME moments of couch coop games, i have also configured buttons to bring up the "Share overlay" so you can trim and upload or even live broadcast without alt tabbing or leaving you game and all via the comfort of the couch and all done from the controller or remote, no keyboard needed :) Here is a video on the Nvidia Share Beta... it is really awsome.. ive been using for ages and have no issues with it. https://youtu.be/sEeoK1M8kzc?t=232 or Older version but shows you a few more features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0NGXJbVSM

• 10 months later...
35 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

I remember this topic being in another thread too. If I recall, using a batch file to launch at start up, then setting a delay in the script for long enough should do the trick. Shell replacement software might have delay options too.

Yea this is what i do, i have a batch file that launches a list of programs/boot up videos with a time delay between each program launch.

I ended up downloading winpatrol. Added a 30 sec. Delay and it works like a champ. Just downloaded the free version from cnet. Thanks for the insight.  I didnt know start up sequence was the issue and certainly didnt know adding a delay was an option. I think that was the last tweak (at least for now) for my arcade. I initially built a cabinet for a retro pie set up. Found I was always tweaking. Found big box, tore apart an older laptop (just using mb and ssd), now I feel like I have a stable, easy to use arcade. Usinng xarcade buttons and sticks for mame games and xbox wireless controllers for consoles.

Thanks again. Great product, great support forum

• Like 1