LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with retroarch Saturn (games load like music CD)

orphen78

Hi all, Sorry for my bad english, but i'm french. I have lots of Saturn games that dont work properly with Retroarch Emulator (yabause core). When i launch the game the emulator think its a music cd and try to read it. I have this in my .CUE file
FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 1).bin" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE1/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 2).bin" BINARY TRACK 02 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 3).bin" BINARY TRACK 03 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 4).bin" BINARY TRACK 04 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 5).bin" BINARY TRACK 05 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 6).bin" BINARY TRACK 06 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 7).bin" BINARY TRACK 07 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00 FILE "Casper (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Track 8).bin" BINARY TRACK 08 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:02:00
Can you help me please, i'm new on Launchbox project and i'm lost. Thank you

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but you should be using SSF. Yabause and the Retroarch core has a long ways to go before it is really useable. Standalone Yabause is better but still has issues, for example in Darius Gaiden it is missing sound effects. SSF is faster and has far better support even though it is a pain in the ass to set up and use with virtual cd drive software. But the effort is worth it.

Thank you for your help :). I used Launchbox tutorial for add saturn system that's why i used retroarch. I tried SSF with this tutorial https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/daemon-tools-and-ssf-how-to-auto-mount-and-auto-unmount. And its work but i am forced to add ssf emulator for each game, and when i'm escape the game launchbox was in the top left corner of my screen and resize. Can you explain to me the step to add SSF emulator for each game (and used Daemon tool with it)? Thanks a lots for you help again :)

Its a lot of work and you have to set it up individually there is a .bat file somewhere on the forums and it does work but I get some games that work setting it up manually that don't work if you use the .bat so I just set them up individually

Yeah what do you mean add SSF for each game. Are you trying to bulk edit the emulator for the platform? If so just use ctrl+a to highlight all the games and press ctrl+e to open the bulk edit wizard from when you get to the form that says to add your value you want to change type E and emulator should pop up then choose SSF from the next drop down and you should be good to go.

Here is my setup for using Dameon Tools Lite, the guide you linked to above is the old way of doing it and yeah it is a pain the ass to setup each game with the additional apps. The way I am doing it is not something I figured out but another forum user here figured it out with another virtual cd program and then modified his bat file code to suit Daemon Tools when I asked him nicely. I can't take any credit for it. First make a bat file with the following code in it but change the SSF.exe and DTLite.exe paths accordingly to match yours: @echo off set game=%1% set daemon="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" set emu="H:\Emulation\Emulators\SSF\SSF.exe" %daemon% -mount 0, %game% start /wait "" %emu% %daemon% -unmount 0 Then in your "Manage Emulators" window add a new emulator and point it at the bat file you just created. Now you should just be able to add games and use SSF as your Saturn emulator like any other system without having to do each game one at a time. And of course you will need to run SSF first to set up all of its settings to your needs and preferences. In the options window, peripherals tab and the CD Drive drop down pick DTSOFT BDROM, this is your virtual cd drive where SSF will be looking for "disks". In the Screen tab I have Enforce Aspect Ratio, Fixed FUllscreen Resolution and FUll Size all checked. You can enable scanline if you like but I found its effect to be a little offputting for my tastes. Anyways, I hope this was enough to get you sorted out, will check in to see if you have further problems.