LaunchBox Community Forums

Wheel images and Duplicate games questions.

Bonoscot

Guys i have succesfully installed big Box and a few Systems already,however i have a few questions.... 1.Duplicate games still appear constantly,most of them japanese as well....is there a way to stop all duplicate games copying over to Launchbox? How about stopping Japanese games from copying as well? 2.I have Installed My Gamecube system in Launchbox....i had noticed not a lot of wheel media was installed,is this normal for wheel media not to be installed,how do i scan for wheel media install ONLY? 3.Where does Launchbox get its media from? Ie Most of my wheel images only have very plain Text (as above)....Do some systems not have a full catalogue of wheel images? I tried to install my own Wheel images from my old Hyperspin setup,however it doesnt look very nice mixed with some of the original but very few launchbox wheel images. Am i missing something simple? I really like the Wheel images,especially for gamecube but there are very few...btw i have about 600 games thanks

600 GameCube games? W00f. Anyhow, the images on the wheels are just the "clear logos". If you right-click on a game, click edit, then bottom right click download images/media... you may be able to grab the clear logo or any other images that may have not downloaded. It's possible there just isn't one available yet. Images and metadata are uploaded to and edited from the LaunchBox Games Database: http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/ Not every game is going to have all images and not every platform will even have every game, yet. The community has to work to perfect the database. If you find or make a high-resolution clear logo with a transparent background that is good enough to use for a game that doesn't have it, feel free to upload it on the database. Just make sure the image is indeed missing from the database. The database is still in alpha, so for me not all images always download when I try to grab them all for the platform. For NES at least, I am having to grab certain images manually for some games by right-clicking on the game in Launchbox and going to Edit - Download Images/Media.

Bonoscot said Guys i have succesfully installed big Box and a few Systems already,however i have a few questions.... 1.Duplicate games still appear constantly,most of them japanese as well....is there a way to stop all duplicate games copying over to Launchbox? How about stopping Japanese games from copying as well?
It is almost impossible to make a sanity check when the scraping is filename based. When the file has the exact same name as the pendant from another region, it would be not that hard, but when they differ and you add something like a fuzzy logic to compare titles whose spelling is almost the same, you would provoke new problems with sequels for example. And make sure that there are no savegames or similar in your rom folder during scraping. These get scraped, too. When you want to stop import of japanese games, don't import them along with NTSC/PAL in the first place. Use subfolders and add the few japanese games you like manually using bulk import, so you don't have to add them one by one.
2.I have Installed My Gamecube system in Launchbox....i had noticed not a lot of wheel media was installed,is this normal for wheel media not to be installed,how do i scan for wheel media install ONLY?
Do you have an free emumovies account active in launchbox? This helps adding artwork not available in the launchbox database yet. @8Phantasm made some good points regarding the database. We are in a pretty early database state, but it is growing every day.