LaunchBox Community Forums

Help needed re emulators

wigan

Hi all first time post, started using Launch box for my build and all was going ok. I then started using Retroarch and it all started to confuse me. When i first added an emulator through Retroarch i picked it in the first drop down menu and then on the second drop down menu i clicked on the destination path of the Retroarch exe file. All seemed to be ok and started on the next one, on the first drop down menu it says Retroarch has already been used ? . So i used the name of the core for the emulator i was using and picked the exe for Retroarch again but it wouldn't work ???. Going through this process i accidentally deleted a working emulator and i cant seem to work out how to add an emulator for all of the roms eg Sega Genesis, i have 30 roms and can work out how to put the emulator on singular roms but not as a batch lot. My 3rd question (if you understand my last 2) is how hard is mame to get working, I obtained some roms and nothing they dont work with any of the emulators. I even tried getting a 164 rom and loading 164 mame but still nothing. thanks for listening i thought that the woodwork wood be the hardest part of the build, it is proving otherwise at this point lol

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure I totally understand everything you said but it sounds like you accidentally removed Retroarch as an emulator. Go to Tools > Manage Emulators and in there you can see a list of all your emulators and you can edit their paths in there. You only need one entry for Retroarch (you can have more if you need for a specific reason but that's more advanced). If you have 30 Genesis roms imported already and you want them all set to Retroarch just go to your Genesis section, and press Control + A on your keyboard to highlight all your games, then right click and edit. You can then batch edit and change the emulator for all in one shot. I hope I understood what you were saying right. Mame is not hard to get working at all. Just make sure all your games are working through Mame on its own first and then you just import your roms and select Mame as your emulator and make sure it's pointing to your Mame executable. Most important thing with any emulator and Launchbox is make sure your emulator and games are working outside of Launchbox first and then if you are having a problem within Launchbox you know it is a setting in LB itself. Also if you haven't done it yet be sure to check out Brads video tutorials on youtube, just search for Launchbox on youtube and it should be the first result.