LaunchBox Community Forums

Cheats for LaunchBox/BigBox?

Robotronix

Just wanted to start a topic about maybe adding some sort of way to access cheats from LaunchBox? Most emulators have some built in function to cheat at games, but right now if you want to use cheats for most emulators you have to drop out of the front end and go into the emulator itself to activate them (MAME is a nice exception, you just bring up the menu and off you go. Also on this topic Pugsy's Cheats for MAME go get it now! lol) I have been thinking about how to add this, it seems very complex... or maybe I am making it harder than it has to be? Most of the time I don't even care about cheats, but sometimes I just feel like taking revenge on that one monster that kept beating me up! lol Looking at you final boss from Forgotten Worlds... You took so many of my quarters... and I love you for it... lol Anyway everyone have a great day and even if it never gets added I would still recommend LaunchBox and BigBox to everyone on the planet. It's by far the best thing since sliced bread! Maybe some kind soul will attempt to add cheats via a plugin? I am looking into this myself but right now just step one of trying grasp how flexible that would need to be to do that... It really might not even be possible for some emulators. Almost would need to chain load something for each game... Like Launchbox>emulator>rom>cheat.dat? Where LaunchBox could show a menu with check boxes for cheats? OK now that my brain has gone sideways thinking about it, back to attempting to look like I know what I am doing in VisualStudio lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can add the cheats as an app to each game in Lunchbox. I basically converted my txt files to PDF files and add them as external apps. In the games menu, select the additional apps option and a box opens up with everything you have added. I even add trainers, maps and so on.

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, Styphelus said:

You can add the cheats as an app to each game in Lunchbox. I basically converted my txt files to PDF files and add them as external apps. In the games menu, select the additional apps option and a box opens up with everything you have added. I even add trainers, maps and so on.

Can you please give us a link and tutorial?