LaunchBox Community Forums

Strange Genesis Quirk - launching game opens windows explorer

ThePolish

So - Recently started using launch box - and bought premium because as many of us - I like what I see! I have an issue with Genesis where one one game (Sonic Spinball) when I go from bigbox mode to launch (hit "play" off the game menu in big box) it opens a windows explorer folder showing the .bin file in the zip. Spinball is zipped in my roms folder, other sega games work no problem after selecting play. I'm using w7 x64. Everything I do is ran through RLauncher. This is the only game I've found with this issue. My LB is 6.7.

• 4 years later...
On 8/10/2016 at 2:46 PM, ThePolish said:

I figured it out! After checking that it worked in RL and direct through Fusion, I opened LB and went into edit on the rom. Somehow "open with emulator" was unchecked. Checked it, and opened in LB and it works. Also works in BB now!

Resurrecting this from many moons ago, but thanks for posting this fix. I'm just getting off the ground with LB and had a problem with only my Genesis emulator as well for some reason. Through this tip I found all my Genesis games had no emulator assigned, so I did a bulk edit and now it's fixed.

Cheers.